POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Problems with #default and #ifdef : Re: Problems with #default and #ifdef Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with #default and #ifdef
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 22 Nov 2000 06:41:37
Message: <3A1BC235.90268B70@free.fr>
> It would appear that the hash in front of default causes the parser to
> execute the directive even though the definition test evaluates to false.

	So it definitely sounds like a bug... at least to me. I simply
don't know if someone reported it before, and if not, to mention it in
the proper group (maybe).

> Removing the hashes from the default directives allows the file to work as
> expected, e.g.:
>    #ifdef (text) default {pigment {rgb test}} #end

	Ah, that's interesting. I should investigate the source code which
parses the `#` expressions. Okay, anyway this is a simple workaround, and
there are also many others.
	Thanks.

*** Nicolas Calimet
*** http://pov4grasp.free.fr