POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : No reflection for a specific object? : Re: No reflection for a specific object? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No reflection for a specific object?
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 12 Nov 2000 11:37:54
Message: <3A0ED597.40992B28@yahoo.com>
> Don't forget the light sources...
> Hmm, you probably need to tell POV not to ignore your bounding. On the
> Mac it is just a checkbox, you will probably have to put something in
> your .ini file.
> I think it went this way: the earliest versions of POV didn't do
> automatic bounding, so it was all manual. When autobounding was added,
> it sometimes did a better job than manual bounding, so an option to
> override manual bounding was added. I think this option is on in your
> case.

Did it for the lights, did it for the switch, still doesn't work...

Anyway, I checked this, it shouldn't work anyway, since the very small sphere
will be seen in the other mirror...

try this:

#declare CameraLocation = <0,1,2>
camera {
  location CameraLocation
  look_at <0, 0, -1>
}

// no light source

plane { <0,0,1>, 0 pigment {rgb <1,1,0>} finish {reflection 1}}

sphere { <0,0,1>, 0.5 pigment {rgb 1} finish {ambient 1}

//bounded_by { sphere { CameraLocation ,.1 } }
}

remove the comment before the "bounded_by" and you should get the same image, at
least that's what I got... :/  Is there something else missing?

Thanks,
	Simon

--
| Simon Lemieux           | Website : http://www.666Mhz.net  |