POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Pattern-Arithmetics : Re: Pattern-Arithmetics Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pattern-Arithmetics
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 11 Nov 2000 18:55:02
Message: <3A0DDC54.CB47E39D@ij.net>
Daniel Schwen wrote:

> Hello,
> I hope this qualifies as advanced.
> To calculate a CGH (computergenerated hologram) I need to create a
> pattern which consists of the sum of several translated onion patterns
> squared. How can I accomplish this? Layered textures obviously won't do
> the trick.
> Using an Isosurface function as the pattern would be perfect. Does that
> work, and if so how?

	A real hologram? Then it is not onion patterns regardless of
appearance.

	If you want to create a hologram of an image they you have to calculate
the phase interference sum at each point of the image of the rays from
all parts of the image. For an image of 1000 pixels that is 1000 phase
dependent rays per pixel. They can only be calculated correctly for a
single color, monochromatic light.

--
States require proof of age for tobacco and alcohol
but not for lottery tickets. Ever wonder?