POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Pattern-Arithmetics : Re: Pattern-Arithmetics Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pattern-Arithmetics
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 8 Nov 2000 10:20:53
Message: <3A096FA9.3FD8D142@aetec.ee>
Daniel Schwen wrote:

> Hello,
> I hope this qualifies as advanced.
> To calculate a CGH (computergenerated hologram) I need to create a
> pattern which consists of the sum of several translated onion patterns
> squared. How can I accomplish this? Layered textures obviously won't do
> the trick.
> Using an Isosurface function as the pattern would be perfect. Does that
> work, and if so how?
> Cheers,
> Daniel

Daniel,
one possibility would be to use my POV-Ray patch POVMan, which allows to
use RenderMan Shading Language for defining pigments. With this you can
create onion shader and use it as pigment in POV-Ray scene. I've made
small test with onion pattern, if you're interested, then drop me a note
and I'll post them in my homepage or send by email.
POVMan homepage:
http://www.aetec.ee/fv/vkhomep.nsf/pages/povman2