POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Need solution for (simulating) Motion Blur. : Re: Need solution for (simulating) Motion Blur. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:14:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need solution for (simulating) Motion Blur.
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 3 Nov 2000 06:53:50
Message: <3A02A88C.AF5AF041@free.fr>
> Mh...in 3D Studio it is called "scene motion blur". That means, when the
> camera is rotating/moving, the complete scene (=all objects) will have
> motion blur. Then you only need to rotate or move the camera and the
> background (here: the stars) will be blurred
>
> Maybe Nathan K. add a scene-blurring in his code (MegaPOV).

	I don't think Nathan planed to do it soon.
	Months ago I've implemented such a thing in my POV-Ray patch.
The camera is added two more vectors which corresponds to its previous
location and look_at vectors. "Previous" is somewhat related to an
animation. Hence the location of the camera and its look_at vector are
linearly interpolated during frame rendering, usind adaptive method
just like in focal blur. Vectors are precalculated for each frame,
depending on the samples number (at least 5 for correct results).
Linear interpolation is okay for relatively small moves. Also a
move_factor allows to tweak the effect (actually reduces it in the
0..1 range) and somewhat simulates the shutter speed (i.e. for a
25 fps animation, move_factor 0.5 will simulate a 1/50 shutter speed).
	For now I've still no tutorial for it. I'm currently performing
an animation with it, and planed to include it on my pages. Yet a simple
explanation can be found in the next file (jump to bottom):

http://pov4grasp.free.fr/download/pov4grasp.txt

	This is still an experimental feature since my patch is mainly
for complete different purposes.
	Hope it can be useful.

*** Nicolas Calimet
*** http://pov4grasp.free.fr