POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Need solution for (simulating) Motion Blur. : Re: Need solution for (simulating) Motion Blur. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need solution for (simulating) Motion Blur.
From: Paul Blaszczyk
Date: 3 Nov 2000 06:40:39
Message: <3A02A41F.48A01120@alpharay.de>
Hi,

Rob Verweij wrote:

> I'm in need of some motion blurring. I'm using Chris Colefax' Galaxy
> include file for an animation (actually I will be using these images as
> background composite for a LightWave animation). For some realism I need
> Motion Blurring in the Galaxy scene. Does anyone have any good tips on
> (simulating) motion blurring in POV-Ray (3.1g Windows).
>
> Rob Verweij.

Mh...in 3D Studio it is called "scene motion blur". That means, when the
camera is rotating/moving, the complete scene (=all objects) will have
motion blur. Then you only need to rotate or move the camera and the
background (here: the stars) will be blurred

Maybe Nathan K. add a scene-blurring in his code (MegaPOV).

Paul