POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Array irritation. : Array irritation. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:33:34 EDT (-0400)
  Array irritation.
From: ian mcdonald
Date: 17 Oct 2000 12:35:46
Message: <39ec7fe2@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I am attempting to learn the use of Arrrays for positioning of objects.
It works, a little.

I have a [3][10] array. I wish to use all data therein by counting down with
while loops. I wish for the loop to first use all 10 values from 3, then all
ten from 2 and lastly all 10 from 1.

I can't make code to do this. I am now very irritated.

The data in the array is controlled by two while loops that surround all of
this; this part works.

It seems that no computer/programming language of any sort works as I think
it should, I can't do as I wish with arrays, loops or etc.. Everything is
too dependant.

My main problem is creation of data in a loop, storage of this data, and
retrieval for usage outside the loops the data was generated with.

I'm not sure my sourcecode will help any, but I'll post it if needed.

Suggestions?

ian