POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Lizard skins or condensation droplets patterns : Re: Lizard skins or condensation droplets patterns Server Time
9 May 2024 18:46:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lizard skins or condensation droplets patterns
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 11 Sep 2000 13:02:50
Message: <39bd103a@news.povray.org>
I wrote a simple scene for waterdrops..
placing every single drop makes it quite memoryextensive

I think you should be able to tweek the txture of the drops to
your needs,
I'm not such a master in texturing like you are ...

I'm not sure it's what you wanted but an idea I had when reading
your Post ...
look in p.t.scene-files and p.b.images ...

--

 ,',    Jan Walzer      \V/  http://wa.lzer.net     ,',
',','   student of      >|<  mailto:jan### [at] lzernet ',','

Gilles Tran <tra### [at] inapginrafr> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
39B7C8C8.3D5EB9D4@inapg.inra.fr...
> I've been wondering about how to make these, either as a
pigment
> pattern, or at least as a function enabling to position and
scale
> objects. Basically, it looks like crackle, but with zones of
increasing
> or decreasing cell sizes. I've made  experiments using a blob
density
> function that attracts/repels the elements (spheres) according
to their
> proximity to centres. The size (radius) of each object is
afterwards
> calculated as the minimum distance from its 8 neighbours (it's
in 2D).
> It works, but it's very difficult to control to obtain a
desired effect