POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Vector Turns - Reposted : Vector Turns - Reposted Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Vector Turns - Reposted
From: David Vincent-Jones
Date: 6 Sep 2000 12:56:58
Message: <39b6775a@news.povray.org>
Can somebody please tell me why the Turn is not working....

#declare Start=<0,0,20>
#declare End=<8,0,30>
#declare Dist=vlength(Start-End);
#declare Turn=vrotate(Start,End);

box {<-1,-1,-1>,<1,1,1> texture {pigment {checker color Black, color
White } }
scale <(Dist),1,1>     translate<-Dist,0,0>     rotate y*Turn      translate
End
 }

I am trying to place a box with ends centered and directly sitting on the
Start and End vectors...
As a result I cannot directly use the box corners for location purposes.

The use of 'Turn' is intended to rotate (orientate) the object prior to the
final translate.

Or is there an easier way to do this? Maybe a simple vector matrix approach.

David V-J