POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : UV Coordinates? : Re: UV Coordinates? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UV Coordinates?
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 3 Sep 2000 01:38:36
Message: <39b1e3dc@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote:
> Standard POV-Ray does not have UV-mapping. However, there is a patch for
> UV mapping triangles, patches, meshes, and some other objects, and it is
> included in MegaPOV:
> http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm
>
> I think there is also a macro somewhere for "UV-mapping" individual
> triangles in official POV-Ray, but I don't know any more about it except
> that it was more memory consuming than the patch. POV-Ray 3.5, which
> should be released sometime this year, will probably have UV-mapping.

It wasn't until I read your reply, Chris, that I remembered I'd actually
created a macro for this!  Of course, it does use more memory than the
"built-in" UV-mapping of MegaPOV, but it will allow you to render UV mapped
triangles in official POV-Ray 3.1.  You can download the macro from the
Other Include Files page at http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax.