POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : UV Coordinates? : UV Coordinates? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  UV Coordinates?
From: John Raptis
Date: 2 Sep 2000 09:54:35
Message: <39b1069b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,
I'm fairly new at povray, but they tell me this is an advanced question:

Can I specify UV texture coordinates on a triangle?

I come from an OpenGL background, where a triangle's corners are specified
x,y,z, u,v... where u and v are the coordinates inside the texture to map to
each corner.

Is there an equivalent way to do this in povray?  Speed is not an issue... I
just need the functionality.

So again: When I put a triangle down, is there any way to say what texture
coordinate goes at each corner? I'd even be content to make a 'mesh' of one
triangle, if it would work.

Thanks!