POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : atmospheric scattering - blue skies : Re: atmospheric scattering - blue skies Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: atmospheric scattering - blue skies
From: MikeH
Date: 1 Nov 2000 01:14:20
Message: <39FFB45A.F729A606@aol.com>
> Well, I am just trying to simulate it as good as possible. I don't get good
> enough results with using a simple sky sphere.
> I expected to accomplish my goal with a sphere containing a semi-transparent
> pigment (layered with a blue pigment), and then add my clouds, but I just
> can't get it to work properly.

You'd get better results using a plane for your clouds.  The problem with your
thinking is that you are placing the viewpoint at the center of a sphere.  In
reality we are on the surface of a sphere surrounded by a slightly larger sphere
of air, so the sky appears largely flat.

Just something to consider.

-Mike