POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Spline question (SPLINE.MCR macros) : Re: Spline question (SPLINE.MCR macros) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:28:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spline question (SPLINE.MCR macros)
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 31 Oct 2000 05:20:27
Message: <39FE9E37.52EF4F48@free.fr>
Hello Chris, I hoped you actually would be the one to answer me ;-)

> What you want is a
> two-dimensional function, which you *could* create using a one-dimensional
> spline (e.g. specify spline points with only x co-ords).

	Okay, I forgot the 'time' dimension and focused on 2D vectors as
it was the shortest way to see my spline curve... and again I was wrong
concerning the maths behind. I'm curious to see if I could manage it using
only x coords...

> For this I would recommend my
> Automatic Clock Modifier macros:
>    http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax/clockmod.html

	How could I miss that one ??!! It's strange I never tried to use
this other great utility I heard about quite a long time ago... I think
it's because at that time I simply didn't tried to animate anything in
POV. I started to read the tutorial linked from your page, and sure will
use these macros ! Woah this rocks... as everything you do for us !
	Thanks Chris ! Long life to your amazing work ;-)

*** Nicolas Calimet
*** http://pov4grasp.free.fr