POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Spline question (SPLINE.MCR macros) : Spline question (SPLINE.MCR macros) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Spline question (SPLINE.MCR macros)
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 29 Oct 2000 19:49:44
Message: <39FCC6FB.CB4DB252@free.fr>
Hi all there,

	I've been playing with the nice Chris Colefax's macros for
a while now, but I encountered a problem I cannot solve since I'm
stupid in mathematics - or maybe blind when reading docs.
	I wanna define a clock function based on a spline shape.
The spline is in 2D (x/y plane) in order to get y = f(x) with x
being the current clock value in the animation. The macros allow
to get the x,y coordinates for either a clock value along the
spline (spline_value; evaluate_spline with spline_clock option)
or a spline fraction (even_spline_value - btw, docs says it's
"spline_even_value", which is wrong). In any case it means you
get the coordinates depending on the spline length.
	My problem is: how to get the y coordinate for a particular
x value ? I don't see any macro for that, and can't deal too much
with the internal maths in the code... Any help ?

	Thanks !

*** Nicolas Calimet
*** http://pov4grasp.free.fr