POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Length of spline... : Re: Length of spline... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Length of spline...
From: Andrew Clinton
Date: 26 Oct 2000 15:43:25
Message: <39F8B320.D72FBFBB@ibm.net>
Michael,

Ahh, I was thinking of this, but thought that maybe one could take the magnitude of
the vector returned by that (terribly ugly) formula to get the distance traveled.  I
understand how this is done with vectors now (there is a good page at
http://iq.orst.edu/mathsg/vcalc/arc/arc.html)

Thanks for clarifying
Andrew C