POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Isosurface function: rippled box : Re: Isosurface function: rippled box Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:29:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface function: rippled box
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 12 Oct 2000 14:35:28
Message: <39E60471.59CED5E8@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
ian wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for an isosurface function to make a box with ripples like one
> would find on a large pool of water. The ripples need to be not of the type
> one would find after throwing a rock in, but like those found on a still
> wind blown lake.
>
> I wish for this to be subtracted from my pool of water, as I dislike normals
> when true displacement is available.
>
> I attempt this pedantic level of reality as all others have been covered
> within current ability; Media falloff in the water with conservation of
> energy, photons and radiosity, etc..
>
> ian

You could try any pigment function with a pattern like you would use for a
normal statement.  Furthermore you could try a Ridged Multifractal function
which can give very realistic water.

Check out the entries in the last IRTC, there are a lot using isosurfaces for
realistic water.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>