POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Distance limit for testing rays?? : Re: Distance limit for testing rays?? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:30:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Distance limit for testing rays??
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 11 Oct 2000 06:04:54
Message: <39E43B9B.80740C07@reading.ac.uk>
Hi Folks,

The atmosphere model looks very good. It could possibly be incorporated
as a patch to the current scattering media code. I haven't looked at
this code closely enough to be sure. Any comments from those who have?

There is another (of the many) interesting paper on this site which
describes how to do fairly robust conversion from RGB triples to spectra
for reflectances. This could be used to expand and standardise the
chromatic dispersion patch to use 'proper' spectral responses.

Bye for now,
	Mike Andrews.