POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Afghan Sunrise (133K) - problem with star background : Re: Afghan Sunrise (133K) - stars now correct, but surface in twilight Server Time
20 Aug 2024 06:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Afghan Sunrise (133K) - stars now correct, but surface in twilight
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 26 Sep 2000 02:27:41
Message: <39CFA447.E933F693@ndh.net>
Hi Tracers!

sacrofts schrieb:

> The tutorial is On Darcy Johnston's website, under the tutorials section.
> Here's the URL
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Sector/4317/

Yes, I tried absorption rgb <1, 0.5, 0> (according to my scattering rgb<0, 0.5, 1> and
reduced this filter, not translucency to 0... but Earth's surface still
remains dull and low in contrast! Also in Darcy's tutorial, I didn't find anything
about avoiding this effect... I browsed through the "finish" section of the
PoV-Ray manual, but it was also no help to me... is it avoidable at all or is it an
essential deficiency of raytracing?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar