POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : matrix help.... : matrix help.... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  matrix help....
From: Paul Daniel Jones
Date: 8 Sep 2000 15:23:50
Message: <39B93D2B.781F84C5@psu.edu>
is it possible to use a matrix to force an object at point <x1,y1,z1> to
"track" a point <x2,y2,z2> without having to use complex trig functions.
ie: imagine a gun following a moving target (whose position is given by
a spline), how would i point the barrel? I tried the reorient macro, but
I must admit, I don't understand the matrix command very well.

thanks

paul

--
Paul Daniel Jones