POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Lizard skins or condensation droplets patterns : Re: Lizard skins or condensation droplets patterns Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:28:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lizard skins or condensation droplets patterns
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 8 Sep 2000 13:36:45
Message: <39B92322.421E2745@inapg.inra.fr>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:

> Hi Gilles the only things I can think of that might help are blackhole warps
> and perhaps as a last resort image maps!

To be more precise, I'd like to find a way to position droplets of water on a
surface. From real-life observation, condensation droplets are not positionned
at random, but follow a pattern that looks like reptilian scales. So I thought
that the solution could be in a "reptilian scale" pattern algorithm, something
like a voronoi diagram but with some weight added to some of the points. My
investigations so far are good enough for my current projet, but I'd like a
better and more general solution.
For a texture, though, black holes are something worth investigating.

G.