POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Algorithm for Scattering : Re: Algorithm for Scattering Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:05:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Algorithm for Scattering
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 29 Aug 2000 20:03:38
Message: <39AC4FB4.6AC6AB0B@istar.ca>
Ammar Al-Allak wrote:

> Hi there
>
> Can somebody give me the algorithm used for the Rayleigh Scattering in POV
> Ray and how it could me modified so that it is wavedependent.

I spent a good deal of the summer doing research involving Rayleigh
Scattering. While I don't understand all of it, I can at least point you in
the direction of some good resources...

I also have a bunch of equations I used to calculate the extinction values due
to Rayliegh scattering dependant on wavelength, atomospheric composition,
altitude, etc. They're in LaTeX, but I could probably convet them to something
a bit more convenient.

Simon