POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Media : Re: Media Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:30:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 14 Aug 2000 21:35:29
Message: <39989EA6.8B722BFA@yahoo.com>
> Do you have the 'hollow' keyword in your object? You don't mention it in
> your posts, so it may have slipped your mind.

Yes I had forgotten it, I added the keyword and got a slight success with the
cloud... but was it really a cloud???  Time to tweak the values I entered!... ;)

> Also, to speed up tests I usually have a fast approximation set up, such
> as
>
> media {
>         #if (Test)
>                 intervals 1
>                 samples 3,3
>                 absorption 1
>                 emission 1
>         #else
>                 intervals 3
>                 samples 5,5
>                 scattering { 2, rgb 1 extinction 1 }
>         #end
>         density { ... }
> }
>
> then set Test to true for a fast test or false for a propper render.

Thanks for the advice I like to get a fast preview of things when I render, but
since it's a cloud and it's not very important I was thinking of not giving it
an interior and setting its color to rgb 1 so i can see a shadow but it not very
perfect but still very fast!...

Thanks a lot,
	Simon
--