POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to make a decent carpet texture? : Re: How to make a decent carpet texture? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:27:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make a decent carpet texture?
From: Don Barron
Date: 7 Aug 2000 15:43:00
Message: <398f1144@news.povray.org>
Sir,
I atttach a texture file of my attempt at a carpet texture.  I attach also a
view of the carpet underneath a hi-fi cabinet in a model of my
computing/listening room.  The carpet is a 'woollen twist' pile in a colour
'mink' on a floor of slightly warped boards.  Tinker with the pigments and
the control values in the quilted texture to get the effect you desire.

Yours sincerely,

Don Barron

"CreeD" <mes### [at] nqinet> wrote in message
> I've been having trouble making something carpet-y.  I want one that's
good
> enough to withstand having a camera a foot or two away.  I don't want to
do
> one with crand or bumps because it just doesn't look right.  Any idea?
> Incidentally, the type of carpet is industrial strength grey with a short
> nap meant to withstand heavy wear.  That's probably easier to do than
shag.
> Thanks in advance,
> CreeD

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'carpetex.inc.txt' (1 KB) Download 'CORNER.jpg' (18 KB)

Preview of image 'CORNER.jpg'
CORNER.jpg