POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Question on isosurfaces. : Re: Question on isosurfaces. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question on isosurfaces.
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 6 Aug 2000 19:51:46
Message: <398DF95B.18ACF8B9@online.no>
CreeD wrote:

> Hi.  I'm looking to make a soccer ball-like object that combines
> two functions into one isosurface:
> A: the ball
> and B: The hexagons on the ball.
> 8< ... Snip ...

Others has already mentioned that you need hexagons
and pentagons to make a "soccer ball".

In this posting  you'll find the 3D - co ordinates for
the corners of these hexagons and pentagons:

("Bumpy CSG-sphere" posted to povray.text.scene-files
1. April -00)

I can explain further if you are interested.

There is a soccer ball -like image at my web page.

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html