POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : passing of variables through commandline ??? : Re: passing of variables through commandline ??? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: passing of variables through commandline ???
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 17 Jul 2000 17:10:15
Message: <3973683E.3AF89D90@peak.edu.ee>
Jan Walzer wrote:

> Is there a way, to pass some values from the commandline to some
> variables ???

Not that I'm aware of, no.

> I know it is possible for "clock", but wouldn't it be a good idea
> to make this available for all variable you use uninitialized ???

What do you mean, uninitalized? In POV, a variable always has to be #declared,
and thus initialized, before you can use it. Clock is just a special variable,
initialized automatically.
I don't see much merit in what you suggest, since variable has to be initialized
(declared) in the scipt anyway. Why not change it there? You just have to
structure your code for easy access to important variables.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee