POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Need help with rand/seed : Re: Need help with rand/seed Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help with rand/seed
From: Mark James Lewin
Date: 16 Jul 2000 20:04:54
Message: <39724B3C.CF48AFC4@yahoo.com.au>
I know (I ran into the trouble of non delimited input files when I first started using
POV). But pov
can _write_ spaces, and if you are just generating rands until you get one (or
several) you like,
copy...paste, is easier that #fopen...#read...#fclose. Spaces will let you know when
one number ends
and the next begins.

MJL

> | Oops, I meant...
> |
> | #write (MyFile,SeedValue1," ",SeedValue2," ")
> |
> | sorry.
>
> Spaces won't work (I don't think so anyway), you need commas inside those quotes.
The way POV will
> use #read when you are wanting the data back from the file is to delimit (separate)
based on the