POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : General lighting rules: are there any? : Re: General lighting rules: are there any? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: General lighting rules: are there any?
From: Mike Wilson
Date: 6 Jul 2000 09:14:18
Message: <39648617.63AC043F@iastate.edu>
You might start with some of the basic stuff designed for still and video
work.  Although 3D has more flexibility in this regard, this will give you a
good start.

One basic model is a 3-point lighting system with a key light above and to
one side of the camera, a fill light (about half as strong) placed on the
opposite side of the camera, and a back light (1/2 to 1/3 as strong) placed
behind the objects in your scene as shown below.

BL=Back Light
O=Object(s)
KL=Key Light
C=Camera
FL=Fill Light

            BL

KL        C           FL

That's pretty basic, but it should help you get started.