POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A question about blobs : Re: A question about blobs Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question about blobs
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 1 Jul 2000 23:25:08
Message: <395eb614@news.povray.org>
"Francois Labreque" <fla### [at] attglobalnet> wrote in message

| Any ideas?  More blobs?  Bigger radii?  Stronger values?

More blobs.  Didn't want to hear that I bet.  I've never seen perfectly linked
components when I try to make something out of a blob object.  It's something
to do with the math at the intersecting areas I guess.
You can try to increase strength and/or lower the threshold, but it isn't
likely you'll get absolutely smooth connection points with a mere half dozen
components, in my opinion anyway.

Bob