POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to make a decent carpet texture? : Re: How to make a decent carpet texture? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make a decent carpet texture?
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 24 Jun 2000 22:16:56
Message: <39555DB5.87466C98@peak.edu.ee>
CreeD wrote:

> I've been having trouble making something carpet-y.  I want one that's good
> enough to withstand having a camera a foot or two away.

I'm not sure what type of carpet you are going for, but some fabrics can be
simulated pretty well with the "quilted" pattern. From two feet away, I think a
normal pattern should suffice. For real close-ups you could use "quilted" as an
isosurface function, with real 3D geometry and thus more realistic lighting
(haven't tried this myself, so no quarantees).

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee