POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to make a decent carpet texture? : Re: How to make a decent carpet texture? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:13:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make a decent carpet texture?
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 20 Jun 2000 04:28:48
Message: <394f2b40@news.povray.org>
CreeD wrote in message <01bfda0f$97a068a0$601ba1d0@mk>...
>I've been having trouble making something carpet-y.  I want one that's good
>enough to withstand having a camera a foot or two away.

If you've got access to a camera and a scanner, try taking a close up photo
of
some carpet, scanning that in. Use a grayscale image for height and the
actual photo
for imagemap. I've had reasonable success with that.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * Reality.dat not found         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Attempting to reboot universe *
* The best way to accelerate Windows NT is at 9.8 m/s^2      *