POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : camera distance question : camera distance question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:29:47 EDT (-0400)
  camera distance question
From: Steve Strickland
Date: 17 Jun 2000 07:17:03
Message: <394B5E74.1977F27@puzzlecraft.com>
I'm writing a C++ application that outputs POV-Ray scripts of geometric
puzzles. The puzzles come in all concieveble sizes, tiny to humongous.

What I'm trying to do is calculate the location of the camera based on
the size of the object so that the object fills the view. I intend to
leave the camera angle set at 50 all the time.

Does anybody know the equation for this?

Thanks!

Steve