POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Air disruption question : Re: Air disruption question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Air disruption question
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 2 Jun 2000 17:24:51
Message: <3938184E.BADCB3F4@peak.edu.ee>
Jan Walzer wrote:

> <experiment>
[snip]
> </experiment>

Yes, something like this has been suggested and it might work.
My point was that it would require a rewrite of the volume sampling method.
Probably a large one. If you (or anyone else) is willing to try implementing it,
I wish you nothing but the best of luck.
But personally, I think it's not worth the trouble, at least until the average
computer gets considerably faster. Currently, even scattering media has to be
used sparingly. Variable IOR _will_ be worse.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee