POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Air disruption question : Re: Air disruption question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:27:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Air disruption question
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 31 May 2000 12:51:07
Message: <393542fb$1@news.povray.org>
> > So why not include it to POV ??? If the user thinks his computer is
> > cray-equal than he will use it... If he has no cray he should know
whom's
> > fault it is ...
> > Of course, for developers it will be hard, to confirm the correctness of
> > this feature but why not ???
>
> It is not only processor intensive, it also would be difficult to code.
> A large amount of code would need to be rewritten, and it could be hard
> to get things right for overlapping objects.
I thought the media-code could be used for that, just instead of calculating
the color of the "current particle" change the direction-vector of the
traced ray ???
Quite the idea of adding a new type in the media-part, equal to emission,
absorption and scattering there could be something called
optical_density....
But I think the samplecount in media has to be increased dramatically...

Now, You are the coders ... that was just, what came into my mind ...

--

 ,',    Jan Walzer      \V/  http://wa.lzer.net     ,',
',','   student of      >|<  mailto:jan### [at] lzernet ',','