POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Securing a POV file : Re: Securing a POV file Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:27:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Securing a POV file
From: Warp
Date: 29 May 2000 10:31:12
Message: <39327f30@news.povray.org>
Btw, just for curiosity:
  It might be possible in Windows to create a program that shows an
image which can't be taken a snapshot of: Using DirectDraw to draw the image
directly on screen.
  A snapshot will only get a uniform color designed to that area in the
desktop instead of the image itself. This happens with my TV card. It uses
DirectDraw to show the TV image on screen, but if I try to take a snapshot
of the screen, I only get a magenta square where the TV image should be
(I suppose that this is because the snapshot is not taken directly from
video memory).
  Of course the TV program itself has a snapshot feature to overcome this
problem (I think it takes the image directly from the data sent by the card).