POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Air disruption question : Re: Air disruption question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Air disruption question
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 26 May 2000 03:49:22
Message: <392e2c82@news.povray.org>
Mike Williams wrote in message ...
>Wasn't it SamuelT who wrote:

>The shockwaves produced by a meteor travelling at hypersonic velocity
>will actually have sharp edges, so that shouldn't be a problem.
>
>A bigger problem is that very few people (if any) have ever observed
>atmospheric disturbances caused by meteors, so it's going to be hard to
>check whether the rendering is remotely realistic. None of the meteors
>that I've seen have caused any observable atmospheric disturbances.

What about the comet that hit Jupiter a few years ago. I remrember some nice
pics (obviously not close up )

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * Reality.dat not found         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Attempting to reboot universe *
* The best way to accelerate Windows NT is at 9.8 m/s^2      *