POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Intersection test for triangles : Re: Intersection test for triangles Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Intersection test for triangles
From: John VanSickle
Date: 24 May 2000 21:54:46
Message: <392C8B5F.23367DED@erols.com>
Warp wrote:

> John VanSickle <van### [at] erolscom> wrote:
> : Find the line along which the planes intersect.
>
>   What is the equation for the intersection line of two planes?

Not an equation, but a specification.  This requires a point
(any point that lies along the desired line will do), and a vector.

I would get the vector by taking the cross-product of the normal
vectors of the two original planes.

To find the point, I would find the plane to which this vector
is normal and which contains the origin.  The place where all
three planes intersect is as good a point to use as any (it
happens to be the point on the line that is closest to the
origin).

Regards,
John
--