POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : image formats.... : Re: image formats.... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:28:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image formats....
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 15 May 2000 08:34:53
Message: <391feeed$1@news.povray.org>
The best place to ask is at povray.off-topic.
Since I'm replying here anyway I might as well suggest just using
a high quality Jpeg for those.  Least compression.  Newspaper is
going to be pretty garbled by anything other than the least compression
setting you can use and yet be the smallest file size I think.
GIF would be good but then it's a licensed format so not sure how good
an idea that is.
PNG would simply be a large file size for such large images, imo.

Bob