POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : CSG error. Help? : Re: CSG error. Help? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG error. Help?
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 28 Apr 2000 19:53:56
Message: <390A24CC.262FE585@hotmail.com>
Alf Peake wrote:

> (Was originaly posted in p.prog)
> I was having another try at smoothly joining 2 different sized pipes or tubes
> at rightangles when I hit this problem - one tube developed large holes in it.
> Open or closed cylinders made no difference but they do change with camera
> angle or RadW. I used DOS versions of mpov 0.4 and pov 3.1g.
>
> Any ideas where the problem is please?

I have no idea of what causes this error, but I
have included a file below that produces similar
errors in my POV-Ray v3.1g for Windows 98.

The spheres are "shining" through the cylinder
when there are many of them in a "sweep" behind it.

Tor Olav

--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html

#version 3.1;

light_source {
  100*<2, 3, -2>
  color 2*<1, 1, 1>
}

camera {
  location <3, 2, -3>/2
//  location <3, 0, 0> // To see posistion of spheres
  look_at <0.5, 0, 0>
}

#declare NrOfSpheres = 200; // Also try 100 and 250

#declare Cnt = 0;

difference {
  union {
    cylinder {