POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Inset texture maps : Re: Inset texture maps Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inset texture maps
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 2 Apr 2000 00:51:09
Message: <38e6dfcd@news.povray.org>
Sander wrote in message <38e51398$1@news.povray.org>...
>Can you do that with anyone??

Yes, to some degree or other.  I got most of the information from the header
of the message:

Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 00:29:35 -0500

The Message-ID line gives the URL of the computer that sent the message to
the newsgroup.  I can then use the "trace" utility to find the path from my
computer to that computer, and by looking at the URLs of the intermediate
computers, I can usually deduce the physical location of each.  The time
zone given in the date provides a cross-check of the location.

This line says that the person is using the "Mozilla" newsreader version
4.51.  Mozilla is the name used by the Netscape newsreader.  The [en] means
it is the English-language version, and the (X11; I; Linux 2.2.6 i586) gives
the operating system, in this case Linux 2.2.6 (the current version of Linux
is 2.2.14).  The "i586" means that the version of Linux was compiled for a
586 (Pentium) or similar computer.

I'm sure I could get some useful information out of these lines if the
version of the "trace" utility would work with IP addresses in addition to
URLs.

Mark