POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Iso Surface File formats : Re: Iso Surface File formats Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iso Surface File formats
From: david sharp
Date: 27 Mar 2000 21:42:47
Message: <38e01c27@news.povray.org>
David Vincent-Jones <geo### [at] galaxynetcom> wrote in message
> Can somebody point me to an example file .. or example files .. for an Iso
> Surface.
>
> Are there any limitations with file size ?

Are you asking about the data_2D_1, data_2d_3, data_3d_1, data3d_3
functions in MegaPov?
If so, there is an example in the demo package:
http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh/demos.zip
I think the data file is called 'test1.dat' and the scene file using it is
i_funcdata.pov.

There is no intrinsic limit to the data file sizes, but I recall someone
telling
me at some point that there are limits to everything except everything
itself.