POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Lathe and sor splines question : Re: Lathe and sor splines question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lathe and sor splines question
From: Ron Parker
Date: 16 Mar 2000 09:17:15
Message: <38d0eceb$1@news.povray.org>
On 16 Mar 2000 09:04:52 -0500, Nieminen Juha wrote:
>Ron Parker <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
>: Get a copy of the source and read lathe.c, specifically the comments at the
>: top of the file and the Compute_Lathe function.
>
>  Yes, it explains how to calculate the intersection of a ray with the lathe
>but it doesn't explain how to draw a quadratic spline curve.

You mean that's not what this part does?

*    One spline segment in the (r,w)-plane is given by the equations
*
*      fw(t) = Aw * t^3 + Bw * t^2 + Cw * t + Dw  and
*      fr(t) = Ar * t^3 + Br * t^2 + Cr * t + Dr,
*
*    with the parameter t ranging from 0 to 1 and r = sqrt(u*u+v*v).

A, B, C, and D are calculated by the code in Compute_Lathe.