POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : difficult questions (for me anyway) : difficult questions (for me anyway) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:16:23 EDT (-0400)
  difficult questions (for me anyway)
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 8 Mar 2000 11:48:51
Message: <38c68473@news.povray.org>
I've two questions:

I have a cylinder from 0 to x*1, rotate it randomly around the y axis. Can I
find the xyz values of the end point that was x*1?

If so: I make a second cylinder from this point to x*2 and rotate it
randomly - does it rotate around zero or around the end point of cylinder
one? If it rotates around zero how can I make it rotate around the end of
cylinder one? do I have to translate it to zero, then rotate it, then
translate it to the end of cylinder one?

loop back to question one!

Hope that makes sense

Mick

       http://www.minda.swinternet.co.uk/index.htm