POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Triangle thieves on my harddrive? : Re: Triangle thieves on my harddrive? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Triangle thieves on my harddrive?
From: Ron Parker
Date: 22 Feb 2000 08:08:10
Message: <38b28a3a@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 16:39:04 -0500, Charles Fusner wrote:
>Now, along the way, I encountered a few interesting things, like
>the fact that the trace() function doesn't like being used against
>mesh or mesh2 objects (it crashes MegaPOV entirely the instant
>such a situation is encountered)

This has been fixed in either the next or the current MegaPOV. It
was mentioned recently in the unofficial.patches newsgroup; check
there to see what its status is.

>why should they be imported with every alternate polygon having
>flipped normals when I supplied it with normals that weren't
>flipped?

It's possible that it ignores the normals you gave it and instead
calculates its own using the cross product of two sides of the triangle.
Try reversing the direction of all the triangles and see if it has
any effect.