POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Equal spacing along curve : Re: Equal spacing along curve Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Equal spacing along curve
From: Rune
Date: 20 Feb 2000 09:06:05
Message: <38aff4cd@news.povray.org>
"Sigmund Kyrre Aas" <as### [at] studntnuno> wrote:
> I'm trying to get equally spaced points on
> a parametric curve, but my brain is just
> dumping core.

I'm not sure exactly what you want, but if
you want to distribute points evenly along a
spline segment, then you might want to have
a look at my Inverse Kinematic Neck Include
File. It calculates a spline with the right
length, distribute points evenly or
exponentially along it, calculates forward,
up, and right vectors with support of
twisting, and you can along objects along
the spline in almost any way you want to.

However, it only handles one spline segment
at a time. With some manual work you can use
it for multiple spline segments, but if you
want a more automatized(?) solution you might
want to wait for Chris Colefax's Spline macro
system, which I think do many of the same
things plus much more.

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated January 24: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,