POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Bounding with a sky_sphere : Bounding with a sky_sphere Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Bounding with a sky_sphere
From: David Vincent-Jones
Date: 15 Feb 2000 13:57:54
Message: <38a9a1b2@news.povray.org>
I am working on a project with a very large geographical span.
This entails a huge height_model and a thousand or more objects.

The project is animated so that I travel through the space.

Display time is slow and I would like to speed things up substantially.

The bounding option does not appear to really help and I am interested to
explore the possibility of using the inside of a reduced radius sky_sphere
to lop off part of the scene.

I have tried to translate a simple sphere along with the camera position but
the time has not really improved enough to make a substantial difference.

Has anybody used this approach for bounding control and had any success?