POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : BMP --> TGA 16 ? : Re: BMP --> TGA 16 ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:27:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BMP --> TGA 16 ?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 11 Feb 2000 06:57:55
Message: <38a3f943@news.povray.org>
I've never found anything to do that yet.

There is an old converter for DEM to POV 16bit targa files:
http://www.best.com/~beale/gforge/dem2pov.zip
And also a general purpose heightfield converter:
http://bealecorner.com/gforge/hutilbin.zip
hcon.exe within that zip file will output POV 16bit targa.
Neither of these would be nearly as good as just using something like HF-Lab or
Leveller or similar program.
Yet another one is CVS2POV: http://earth.leeds.ac.uk/~rjs/comput/csv/csv.htm

The 16bit targa being special, in that it lacks the blue channel whereas most
16bit image files are most likely to be something of a 5bit per color channel
type thing (I'm guessing of course), makes it difficult to find utilities for
but I'm often surprised that I can never find anything much on this when I
search around.

So, still searching...

Bob