POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : terragen.... : Re: terragen.... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: terragen....
From: Ken
Date: 20 Apr 2000 09:20:03
Message: <38FF03BB.EFDA7553@pacbell.net>
Paul Daniel Jones wrote:

> Anybody know how to take terragen *.raw files and import them into POV?
> I guess you would have to convert them to a *TGA file, anybody know of a
> good conversion program?

 If Terragen's .raw format is the one I think it is it should be possible
to conver from .raw to POV-Ray's internal triangle format using a conversion
utility such as 3DWin of Crossroads.

3DWin - http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/

Crossroads - http://www.europa.com/~keithr/crossroads/

The terrain modeller Leveller has direct import support for Terragen
.ter files - http://www.daylongraphics.com/  which then can be exported
to .tga height field images.

There is another program called Forester that some capabilities for
using Terragen and POV-Ray but I forget what the relationship is off
had. Find out more here - http://www.dartnall.f9.co.uk/