POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Macros acting strange : Re: Macros acting strange Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macros acting strange
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 31 Mar 2000 08:42:23
Message: <38E4AA17.61D172C5@online.no>
Warp wrote:

>   I suppose that it's because a macro call is not expected after the
> declaration of an array and thus it never gets parsed.
>   Probably a mistake.

For me it seems to be parsed in some strange way, because I
get this error message:

#end

#declare TestArray = array[3] Test(2)

  { <----ERROR

Test.pov: error: object or directive expected but { found instead.

Would the "{" appear in the error message if the macro
wasn't ever parsed?

Tor Olav

mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html

Btw: Does anyone know if it's possible to copy (and paste)
a text string from the error message window in the
Windows POV?