POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : look_at for objects? : look_at for objects? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  look_at for objects?
From: Andrew Clinton
Date: 16 Mar 2000 14:33:23
Message: <38D160CC.B42C5D7B@ibm.net>
Hello,

Is there any macro available that will perform on an object the same
function as the look_at command does in a camera?

In other words, I have an object at <0,0,0> and oriented in the +z
direction, and I wish to perform an x-rotation then a y-rotation so that
the object is now pointing at a given point (as in the look_at point for
the Camera).  I've been using John VanSickle's Reorient macro, but in
some cases the object receives an undesireable z-rotation so that it
becomes tilted wrong.

I've been banging my head for a while about this, any help would be
appreciated!

Andrew C