POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : File I/O question : Re: File I/O question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:13:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: File I/O question
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 11 Mar 2000 09:48:26
Message: <38CA5D24.82015B3E@peak.edu.ee>
David Vincent-Jones wrote:

> Looks like this would be a useful extension area for the language

I quite agree.

> If the full file is placed into an array. What is the array item select
> procedure. I don't see anything in the Help and not much in the written
> Docs.

For example, the first item of a (one-dimensional) array MyArray is referred to
as MyArray[0] (records are zero-based). Each initialized array item can be
thought of as a declared variable. So you can perform any operations you would
with declared variables such as:

#declare X = X + MyArray[0];

Also, you have to bear in mind that a particular array can only contain records
of one data type (float, vector, object, etc).

Margus